CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sigh...

I worked on my own house and yard and garden and still didn't get everything done that I would have liked. I also have a blister on my hand from digging Canada Thistle. I swore I was going to make Michael do all of that nasty stuff, but it is leaving the garden patches and expanding out into the lawn. Ugh. I cleared enough more garden patch that I planted a little row of spaghetti squash. I have never eaten it, but I figure it will spread quickly and fill in the garden. People keep telling me I should eat it instead of pasta. We'll see on that!

Michael had a very successful fossil hunting trip, and brought home many specimens - one declared to be "Museum quality." It's all fairly meaningless to me, except I trust what he says - after all he IS a medalist in the fossils event at the National Science Olympiad!

Michael called his dad when he got home and they had quite a row, I think. One of the things Ed did was ask for the Solar Bike team coach's phone number. Watch out, Cindy! Crazy talk coming your way. Maybe she can see what we have been dealing with here. I remember one year April thought maybe if SHE called Ed and asked him about the possibility of Emily continuing to get violin lessons over the summer that he would respond reasonably. He yelled and screamed at her, just like he does to me. Tonight he kept telling Michael that he wanted to talk to me, that this is my responsibility and that I shouldn't "make" Michael call him. Michael replied that no, he wanted to talk to Ed, that he thinks that if they can figure this stuff out together, it can help their relationship and other good things. He also said that he had asked me to write the letter that I sent back in April, but that it didn't really reflect what he wanted to say. Michael says he is going to write his dad an email tomorrow and tell him what he really wants to say. That really makes me nervous.

Well, I'm itchy, dirty, tired and emotionally distraught. I think I am going to take a nice, hot shower and then lie in bed and watch something super boring.

Positive thoughts toward Michael expressing himself well in his email tomorrow. I hope he lets me see it, but if he doesn't I won't make him.

No comments: