CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Quiz and updates:

This is a dumb quiz from Facebook. You make up you own questions and answers. Emily and Heather did the best. Pay special attention to #4, then keep reading.



1) What is my favorite color?
a) Green
b) Pink
c) Black
d) White
e) Blue

2) What is my middle name!
a) Eve
b) Leslie
c) Edna
d) Elaine
e) Penelope

3) What is my dream car?
a) Jaguar
b) Rolls Royce
c) Toyota Matrix
d) Chevy Malibu
e) Pinto

4) What scares me the most?
a) Snakes
b) Centipedes
c) Spiders
d) Scorpions
e) Mice

5) What item am I known for baking very well?
a) Bread
b) Cheesecake
c) Pizza
d) Cakes
e) Petit Fours

6) What color are my living room walls?
a) Eggshell
b) Pale Blue
c) Dark green
d) Sunny yellow
e) Chocolate brown

7) Where am I considering moving in the future?
a) Ireland
b) Finland
c) Utah
d) Lafayette
e) New Mexico

8) What kind of pet do I own?
a) Cat
b) Dog
c) Fish
d) Tarantula
e) Snake

9) What unusual item is by my front door?
a) A taxidermied Road-kill raccoon
b) A large plastic spider
c) A ceramic hedgehog
d) A dollhouse
e) A bottle of bubble stuff

10) How many children do I have?
a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) 4
e) 5

11) What is my favorite holiday?
a) Easter - all that chocolate!
b) Halloween - fun costumes
c) Christmas - and it's all about decorations
d) April Fool's - I think up the best pranks
e) Valentine's Day - I have a romantic lover!

12) What kind of instruments have I played the most?
a) Piano
b) Woodwinds
c) Percussion
d) Strings
e) Anything electric and loud

13) What is my favorite game to play?
a) Monopoly
b) Life
c) Scrabble
d) Clue
e) Mystery Mansion

14) How much do I read?
a) About three books a year
b) Not at all
c) About three books a month
d) Two books every week
e) About ten books in a year

15) In what sport did I compete as a teenager?
a) Track and Field
b) Basketball
c) Volleyball
d) Swimming
e) Softball

16) In what class was I most pleased to earn an "A" in college?
a) Chaucer
b) Geology
c) Victorian Literature
d) Jewish history
e) Physics

17) What was my first boyfriend's name?
a) Kevin
b) Donny Osmond
c) Michael
d) Ed
e) Matt

18) How often do I drink alcohol?
a) Like a fish, every weekend.
b) Every time I'm with Pat.
c) Hardly ever.
d) Every time I go to karaoke.
e) Every day at work - how else would I make it?

19) Where did I travel last week?
a) Canada
b) Utah
c) New Mexico
d) Georgia
e) Ohio

20) What is my favorite vacation spot?
a) Utah
b) Cancun
c) Disney World
d) Any place with a beach
e) The ski slopes of Vermont

21) What is my favorite weekend activity?
a) Thrift shopping
b) Sleeping
c) Karaoke
d) Farmer's Market
e) Roller Skating

22) What is my favorite music of those listed?
a) Tracy Chapman
b) Jewel
c) Any opera will do, especially Wagner
d) Indigo Girls
e) Musical Theater

23) One more: Am I an early morning or a late night person?
a) Up at the crack of dawn.
b) Force myself to bed every night.
c) Whatever is necessary, I am dedicated worker & mom


So #4. This morning I awakened in a rather timely fashion for me, jumped in the shower and when I came out of the bathroom there was a CENTIPEDE in my bed! I swear I could have thrown up. I grabbed a tissue and tried to brush it off the bed and it ran in between my pillows! I started throwing pillows of the bed and finally found it and knocked it to the floor and killed it. Utter grossness. So tonight I am washing everything that was on the bed. I think the fourth load is in the washer now. Ugh, Ugh, Ugh. Editing to add: When I stripped the bedding off tonight there were a few stray legs I must have knocked off trying to get it off the bed. So totally disgusting.

Work was awful today. The phones were insane, there was a ton of online ads and all my auction stuff started coming in.... The next few weeks are going to be hell. Kerri is taking a leave for how many weeks it takes for her mother to probably die of leukemia, Christie is getting married and going to Mexico for a week, Leah is on vacation right now. I don't even know what else - oh yeah, one of the part-timers quit and is not being replaced. Oh, also my Coordinator, Donna, who does my paper work for all my "display" ads and the auctions is going on vacation for a week next week, so I will have to do all that by myself! I'm sad for Kerri and happy for Christie and that's really true. Selfishly, however, I worry about how it will affect me. They are telling us no overtime, and even asking people to take volunteer unpaid time off to save the budget. I am not even getting my work done completely now. The ads make it in the paper (usually) but receipts don't get sent, billing problems are ignored, things are piled instead of filed. I am crazy with it. After I learned that Kerri was not just off today, but maybe long-term I swear I was on the verge of having an attack. That Ativan that Dr. Andry prescribes for my anxiety, yet I hardly ever take and I have three or four bottle because it's on auto-refill... it may become a regular part of my day. Either that or more frequent episodes of crying at my desk.

Well Michael is safely in France. We started receiving emails from students and blog entries from a chaperone who also works at the H-T. If I get time tomorrow I will post the blog address and make sure you don't have to be a subscriber to read them.

Positive thoughts toward a better day at work tomorrow, no creepy crawlies in my bed or in my dreams and for comfort for Kerri and her family.

No comments: