CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 6, 2011

It was Marvy, Harvey!

Urgh. Did all my shopping and errands yesterday, including a trip to the evil empire. It was two hours of sheer hell. Eric and I went to dinner afterward. We went to Waffle House - I haven't been there in maybe 15 years... The food was kind of grody, really, but it is a good place to talk. Eric is having drama with his friends he hangs out with. I long for the day he realizes that many of them are toxic people in his life and that he will be better off without them. I really care about him and I think he would be so much happier. I kind of said so last night, but I think he really doesn't want to let them go. There must be something he gets from these friendships that I just can't see.

I spent most of today watching a movie in intervals, spliced with cooking. I made an enchilada casserole and corn cake.. I really enjoyed my cooking and housework today. The movie I watched was called "A Little Help." I chose it because Jenna Fisher from The Office was in it. I really liked it. Oh! I also watched one with Luke Wilson called "Tenure." I liked it, too. I took the food downtown and attended most of a General Assembly meeting. I am starting to feel more comfortable speaking up and I am getting to know some of the people. The second portion of the meeting was spent discussing the man who died the other night - Don Swank. One of his friends sort of eulogized him. That was very nice. The people from the camp who had discovered him and tried to revive him sort of told how it went. I feel like they needed to tell it as much as some of us needed to hear it.

Now I am just relaxing. I need to do a little cleaning and try to get to bed at a decent hour. The latter part of last week I had a maybe three nights where I slept six or seven hours a night. I awakened, but was able to go back to sleep fairly quickly. Saturday I spent most of the day without a headache, today also. I did feel pretty sinus-y today and it finally began to morph into a headache about dinner time. I did go ahead at take a sudafed and some ibuprofen and I never got to be in so much pain that I felt like I couldn't do what I wanted to do.

Here is my positive affirmation for tonight: When I go to bed I will be able to reflect on the positive portions of this weekend. I will fall asleep replaying happiness and thoughts of peace and will have not just restful, but joyful sleep!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Respecting intellectuals who lilt music-to-my-ears terms, like "grody."

Thank you. <3