CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

An auspicious occasion.

I went to the YMCA and exercised BEFORE WORK - yes, worthy of capitals and bold. I walked one mile and did the stationary bike for 14 minutes. Part of me feels like that was so puny that I am almost embarrassed. Deep inside, however, I know that it is a MILLION (capitals and bold-worthy) times better than nothing, which is what I have been doing. It felt wonderful to know that I made a choice that is good for me. It felt good physically. It felt good to take a shower at the Y (damn the environment and my stupid low-flow shower head!). It felt good to see people out doing things that are good for them - I want to learn from their examples as I strive for health and strength.

After work I had an appt. with Christine. We worked on ... well, it's hard to say. I guess the main theme is exploring why it is emotionally so difficult to make choices that I know intellectually to be correct. I guess that is the core of my "health" blog, which has been all but abandoned lately. We got to a little nitty gritty. I think what it MIGHT (capitals & bold) boil down to is that I've been betrayed so often and felt it so keenly that maybe I set myself up to betray myself ? (bold only). Time to get over that shit!

I went down to the Occupation later... they participated in a "Direct Action" at the Business School tonight. My question to Michael is "If you get arrested and lose your scholarship is OWS going to pay for you to go to college?" I sure can't! I DO (B & C) want him to do what he believes in, but with caution!

No comments: