CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hmmm....

I don't even know what I want to write tonight. I'm really grateful for friends.

I'm grateful that I was able to have John Lennon alive for part of my life. On the way downtown tonight I listened to the radio and they did the "time capsule" from 1980. It occurred to me that he died right after that album...(Double Fantasy) was released. Michael wasn't even born until 1991. He has always lived a life when John Lennon was an historical figure, no more real than George Washington is for me, maybe. I guess we have video of John, but it's still so ethereal ... I felt like crying when I thought of all this.

I guess I can only hope that there will be other examples of peace and enlightenment for today's youth to follow. Maybe these people working toward the current call for change will be the next round of heroes. Maybe the kids living in the park ARE the heroes.

No comments: