CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Weekend photo essay Part 6: Other sites.

Tile on the side of DQ.
This is probably the first Dairy Queen I ever went to. Prior to living in Richmond when we lived in Lafayette, we went to Frozen Custard for ice cream - still do when we are there. This looks almost exactly the same as it did when I lived in Richmond over 30 years ago! The only other place I have still seen a small one like this is Columbus, Indiana. I used to love Mr. Mistys and Dilly bars.
This is the Do Re Mi bowling alley. I remember going there with Bobby.
This is a squirrel I met while taking pictures of the Milkhouse. "What's the Miller Milkhouse?" you ask...well...
The Miller Milkhouse is a little drive-through store.
I remember sometime in the recent past having a conversation with someone about having to go to the store on the way home from work. "Wouldn't it be nice," she dreamed, "if there were a little store you could just drive through and pick up your milk and bread?" There is! When I told her we used to drive through the Milkhouse and get milk and bread and cigarettes she didn't believe me. It's still there! I saw that one was out of business, but this one is still up and running. I had to walk across the street to McDonald's parking lot to take this picture - and it was probably the first McDonald's I ever ate at. I THINK it had an old train car or a caboose set up as a dining room and you could go there and eat and we thought that was really cool.
The back shot of the Milkhouse. A car came through while I was standing here, but I was distraced by Mr. Squirrel so I didn't take a picture of it. Duh.

I think tomorrow will be the last installment of the Richmond portion of the journey... then on to OHIO!

News: I did not nap after work today. I got a haircut, bought a new shirt and mowed the lawn.
I went to the dr. this morning. My BP is back up to normal level 118/85 - that is probably why I don't need a nap every night! So I get to keep one medicine at half its previous dose, because it's not too high either. I only lost three and a half pounds this month. I was a little bummed, but Dr. Andry was very encouraging. He talked about how if I have been doing things like mowing and choppping down trees I am increasing my muscle mass and said - "you are still going the right direction!" I don't want to measure my waist again until I hit 180, but I keep being tempted all the time! I also got some very strong cream for my poison ivy. He said oral steroids screw up the sugar level too bad for diabetics to take them. I put some on after my post-lawn-mowing shower, but I am still pretty damn itchy. More Benedryl for me tonight!

No comments: