CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

To Hell and Back!

I am not referring to the trip to Ohio. It has to do with shoe- shopping for Michael. It has been one of my least favorite things since he was little! He has narrow feet and is very picky about the way everything feels. Now there are added complications - he doesn't really want leather AND the shoes have to be shaped right to fit in the toe-clips when he rides his fixed gear, (when he rides his road bike he has bike shoes that clip onto the pedals.) We found two pairs of shoes, but one he is ready to return, thus the "back" part of the title.

We also shopped for sandals, but couldn't find any - so maybe more shopping to come. I'm terrified. It really does sort of send me over the edge. I was pretty calm today, but when left the mall I was all unsettled and whiny - realized I'd only had half a pancake and a tiny glass of milk and it was after 2:00. We went to the co-op and nothing sounded good because I was too whiny, but I could tell I needed food. We ended up driving across town and I got some BBQ that I like. We went to a sporting goods store to look for sandals and they had inner frame packs for 30% off. He actually goes packing 3 - 4 times a year and we always have to borrow a pack for him. We could rent a pack for this trip from IMU Outfitters for $32. By the time we got the pack on sale we paid around $80 for a VERY NICE pack, that should last for years. I feel like we've spent money, money, money, but everything is really stuff he needs anyway and will use often. It's just buying it all at once is a little scary!

Tonight we went to someone's house and watched a video of the climbing trip to Red River Gorge. I got to see Michael rapelling "Aussie Style" (head first) down a 90 foot cliff. Ooh boy. They made a DVD but we know I can't get video to load on here at all or I'd put the entire thing on. Instead we have asked for the still pictures in a file so I can put some of those up. I don't know how long it will take. The climbing scares me to death, but at the same time I feel a real sense of pride to have an athletic and cool kid. The younger boy who went with them turned to me and said, "Michael was AWESOME!" in the way only nine year old boys can. It was pretty cool.

It rained all day so it was a good day to be stuck in the mall. I hope it is nice tomorrow, though. I really want to work on the yard and stuff some more. I can't believe how wrapped up I have become, but I am really finding some peace in those small projects.

More tomorrow! I will continue the Ohio trip soon. I am so wrapped up in getting Michael ready to go it may take a little longer. About two more installments, I believe.

No comments: