CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hell again.

Back to one of my least favorite places in the world - the mall. Today we found sandals. We had to get $30 Tevas to fit skinny boy's skinny feet. I have never had a $30 pair of sandals in my life - probably never will! The thing is, I know how much train riding and walking and all that they are going to do in Japan. I don't want him to end up with blisters and misery. I want him to come home with good memories of a great time. I have done the blisters and misery thing enough to realize how horrible it is! We STILL have to go shoe shopping one more time. The sneakers we bought two days ago he has decided are not comfortable enough. Sigh....

I spoiled us/myself today. We went out for lunch AND ordered a pizza for dinner. What a waste of money when we have a refrigerator full of food. If I am spending time in shoe-shopping hell, however, I deserve a treat!

I was out working on the edge of the driveway today, doing all the weeding and digging by hand. My neighbor incredulously said, "I have a machine for that you can use." She practically wouldn't believe me when I said I enjoy weeding by hand! I also planted a green pepper plant today. It already had a bud on it when I bought it so maybe we will get a little harvest out of it before it frosts. The grape tomatoes are getting fruit, but it is all still green. I can't wait for them! I will eat tomatoes every day!

Tomorrow I am going to pick up a couple of purple hostas from a Freecycler and plant them along the back of the house where it is shady. I hope the deer don't eat them. They have never eaten our garden stuff before, but I have always kept everything in front and on the side and the deer tend to stay in the back yard.

Things are getting exciting as we get closer to Michael's departure on Sunday. I can't believe it is finally here and it is really happening. I will miss him like crazy, but I know this is a wonderful opportunity for him! They are leaving Sunday morning so I will come back and have some Sunday alone time before I have to go back to work on Monday. I will be sad to go back to work. I could use a week off without all this damn shopping and planning and crap!

No comments: