CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Leaving Indiana...

After my delicious lunch at Frisch's I decided to go ahead and take off for Ohio, toward the ultimate destination- a meeting for dinner with internet friends. When you drive out of Richmond on I-70 you go under this arch. When we were little we would often go for a Sunday drive if Dad was not working. We thought it was really neat to drive all the way to another state! It's really about 2 miles out of town!
This sign on the arch reads "Welcome to Ohio." I felt very welcome, thank you! After I went under the arch I got off 70 and actually drove east on Hwy 40. I enjoy the smaller highway and going through small towns. You never know what you might see. This trip on 40 was pretty boring. I didn't stop to take any pictures of cool stuff or anything like that. It was beautiful, however, driving through the farmland and small towns and I enjoyed the views of forests, rivers and creeks as I drove.

Today: Worked like crazy on the yard and mowed. House is still messy inside, but that is life. I almost have all the laundry complete from the weekend. The yard looks great, in my estimation. Part of my weeding thing has become doing the edges of the driveway where the clover, creeping Charlie and grass have grown out onto the pavement. I don't understand how they can grow out there and take dirt with them. I ran a lot of errands today. Tomorrow Michael is not going to go work on the bikes so we are going to go shoe shopping and dom something fun also. We talked about Ice Age in 3-D or a hike at McCormick's Creek. Honestly I am hoping for the movie - My feet hurt from so much walking today - shopping and mowing. Plus I have never seen a 3-D movie!

Deanna is working in town right now and is coming over to stay all night. I am pretty excited about that. I miss seeing her often. I know I would see her less even if she lived in town, with the getting married thing and all that, but a three hour drive certainly makes it a little more difficult to have a Girls' Night Out every once in a while. Well, tonight is Girls' night In! I hope we can stay awake. I did so much physical labor today that I am actually feeling tired instead of insomniac for once!

No comments: