CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One more thing I want to show you - no money involved!

This is Canada Thistle. I took a picture of this one, even though it is a small one because it is a perfect example of the spiral taproot. That root makes it incredibly difficult to get the complete thing. Once it gets much bigger than this one it starts sending out runners.

I finally went to the organic garden store and bought a weed killer that is based on citric acid (must be lemon juice) and clove oil. They said it kills everything they spray it on. I haven't used it yet because I haven't checked the weather and I want to make sure I will have a couple of rain free days so it doesn't get washed off. Organic stuff is about four times as expensive as a bottle of Wal-Mart brand weed killer like Round-Up.

Now I must go put hydracortisone on my Poison ivy. You can't use Benedryl cream at the same time you take Benedryl because you can OD! So at night I have to use only the Hydracortisone or Lanacane so I am sure wake up in the morning!

2 comments:

Amber said...

We've got some nasty weeds that keep coming back too. You can spray vinegar on weeds to kill them too FYI. That's cheap and organic.

Hope said...

I should maybe try the vinegar before I open the bottle of the expensive stuff. I wonder if they'd let me return it. Michael did quite a bit of research, however and this product was the most recommended thing by the organical types of people. I have still been digging by hand, finding rather cathartic right now.