CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Posting, posting, posting.

I plan to post every day in 2013. It won't always be profound. It won't always be long, but it will always be.

I am having a rough year so far. I stayed home for NYE. Debbie came over and we watched a movie and stayed up until midnight, but didn't get wild at all.

I went to bed around 1:30, after just farting around for a while. I awakened at 3:30 or so with a sick stomach. It felt a lot the way it did last year when I was sick all the time, except, it also hurt a lot more. I was basically up the rest of the night trying to make it stop. I tried sipping water, warm baths, heating pad. Finally around 7:30 I got up and took a dose of phenergan.  Phenergan is a major anti-emetic. I woke up again at 9:30 and despite the drug vomited violently and copiously. After that I went back to sleep and woke up at almost 11:00 with a terrible headache. I got some sparkling apple juice, the only mild beverage I have and started sipping on that. I slept again until about 3:30 when I got up and took Tylenol with caffeine. Now I've slept until almost 6:00. I'm up now at almost 6:30 and I'm going to eat some fried potatoes and see how that goes. I guess I will hit the store tomorrow and get some ginger ale and arm myself with fruit snacks, etc to use to keep my sugar level if this gets bad again. The pain really scared me. I was really close to going to urgent care. I was thinking about how on MeYou Health some of the assessment questions have to do with basic access to health care. Right now I don't have a doctor, don't have refills to some of my meds, I'm out of test strips, which the insurance covers only if you get them with a prescription, and I'd have to go to Urgent care or the ER to get seen. Sigh.

I am going to try to keep track and see if I can figure out what might be triggering headaches and nausea. Last night I drank a bunch of Diet Orange Sunkist, because it tasted SO good. It's full of artifical colors, which I usually don't have. Hmmm.

No comments: