CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 8, 2007

A survey

about one of my favorite things - no not raindrops on roses! My house!

1.) When you walk in your front door, which room do you enter?
I have a "great room" which is the kitchen, dining room and living room all at once, and you're RIGHT THERE, BABY!

2.)Do you have a dishwasher?
I USED to, but I pried it out with my massive, womanly crowbar during the floor resurfacing.

3.) Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floors?
Vinyl Composite tile (is the the right term?) in purple, blue, green, yellow, and carnival white, which is white with flecks of all those colors!

4.) Do you keep your kitchen knives on the counter or in a drawer?
counter, in a knife block.

5.) House, apartment, duplex or trailer?
house

6.) How many bedrooms is it?
3

7.) Gas stove or electric?
A very, very bad electric range with no handle on the oven door, heats unevenly, and unreliable burners. Oh for a professional gas range.... sigh. No I'm not materialistic at all.

8.) Do you have a yard?
yep! I like my yard. It is a good amount to mow, we have garden spot, a mulberry tree, April the maple tree, and it backs up to a forest and a cemetery. What more could a girl want - unless the zombies come over the hill some time....

9.) What size TV is in the living room?
NO TV in the living room.

10.) Are your plates in the same cupboard as your cups?
Yes.

11.) Is there a coffee maker sitting on your kitchen counter?
No I have very little counter space. we do have a coffee maker, but right now I am trying it on a little cart I have turned into a beverage station with the coffee maker, all the accoutrements, the cocoa mix, etc. Michael is the one who makes coffee, though and he tends to leave it messy.

13.) What room is your computer in?
In the purple room, formerly known as Emily's room.

14.) Are there pictures hanging in your living room?
There is a large mirror, a large candle wall thingy and one modern art print, but not photograph kind of pictures.

15.) Are there any themes found in your home?
I have a couple recurring motifs: squares, spirals and suns and moons with faces.

16.) What kind of laundry detergent do you use??
Cheap, but my favorite is the new super concentrated All.

17.) Do you use dryer sheets??
No, I am in love with liquid fabric softener.

18.)) Do you have any curtains in your home??
Mostly blinds, but I do have curtains in my bedroom and I would like to get more. I think it looks a little softer and more finished.

19.) What color is your fridge??
Almond - oh for stainless, to match my professional range.

20.) Is your house clean??
Not right now. I go back and forth. I have secret hidden spots that rarely get cleaned and I definitely have trouble keeping the garage clean. My house will probably be completely clean by Sunday (except the garage) that's the way I go, unless I get a headache or something.

21.) What room is the most neglected?
Garage, if you call it a room. The rest are really about even.

22.) Are the dishes in your sink/dishwasher clean or dirty?
Both. I have a dirty side and a clean side and they usually both have some in it.

23.) How long have you lived in your home?
10 years

24.) Where did you live before?
Oh my God, the ghetto. Park Square (Orchard Glen) Apartments.

25.) Do you have one of those fluffy toilet lid covers on your toilet?
no, never will.

26.) Do you have a scale anywhere in your house?
In my bathroom.

27.) How many mirrors are in your house?
4

28.) Look up. What do you see?
Just a wall and a ceiling in this room.

29.) Do you have a garage?
yes

30.) What is your favorite thing about your house?
All the color.

No comments: