CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Okay tonight I am psycho poster!

I just want to post ONE MORE THING.

Which is what I ended up making or buying people for Christmas:
The rule was supposed to be homemade or second hand.

Michael- said chalk bag- still under process because of sewing machine failure, but it was complete enough to be wrapped and to be recognizable, also set of "Dune" books.

Emily - Collage Picture frame with pictures of Mom and Dad and Grandma and Grandpa Pechin from the fifties, also very nice hardback edition containing first three "Anne of Green Gables" books.

Heather - Book by Anne Brashears who wrote the "Traveling Pants" books, I can't remember the title, but it's supposed to be her first "adult novel" Maybe it's a dirty book! Teehee! Also frames for her Little Mermaid pictures, but I didn't like the way those turned out, so I took them back and asked for a do-over on those.

Mom - Knit hat, and a gift edition of small Bible designed especially for women.

Dad - First hardback edition of Tom Clancy novel, plus Steppenwolf album which has the instrumental "Earschplittenloudenboomer" one of our favorites from the seventies!

Chris - Knit hat in John Deere Greene and Yellow.

Tomiko - I am a bad AUNT - still working on hers. Will embroider apron with her name and a picture of a pony - also want to make these braided barrettes we used to make in high school, but so far I can't remember how to do it.

Nikki - a bottle of wine from a California winery that we can't get here. It was FREE so it made the rules!

Deanna - an expensive gift that I got for free, PLUS a super - cool book I found second hand that I can't say what it is yet, because I won't see her until the fourth.

Leah - stars and stripes placemats I got for FREE from Freecycle. She loves stars and stripes stuff. Also I was her secret Santa and I got her cool books second hand and probably the most expensive thing I purchased was a bag of Hershey's kisses!

Sue - a box of tissues, okay it didn't fit the rules, but there is this thing about Sue leaving her tissues on my desk and me using them all the time...

Gillian - I am going to make a papier mache bowl and try to make it really beautiful. She made fun of me (but kind of in a good way) about making papier mache ashtrays for people for Christmas (but she does second hand too) so hers really does need to be papier mache! I have been wanting to try to make truly beautiful papier mache since last year when I made a pinata for a birthday party and realized I really think I could make something beautiful. I need to do it this week, she comes back from her vacation on the 2nd or third.

I made lots of jars of bath salts for others at work and they were really pretty. I planned to ask Emily to take a picture, but I forgot, so you'll have to take my word for it.

I think total I probably spent around fifty dollars on Christmas (maybe sixty). The most expensive things I bought were the copies of the pictures for Emily's collage - $10.00; and the bottle of Pantene shampoo for Heather's stocking - $6.00. I spent more than that if you count craft supplies, but I didn't go out and buy new yarn, new fragrances, new stuff like that, except for the fabric for Michael's bag which I got at Salvation army for fifty cents! I used what I already had on hand to really keep costs low.

Editing to add:

Deb, did you get a box from me?

and Erin - you will be on hold until sewing machine failure is corrected.

and Joe - they are becoming Birthgivemasyear cookies, huh?

3 comments:

Binne77 said...

I didn't even know you were making me anything. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to whatever unexpected treat is instore for me. I LOVE YOU HOPIE! We'll probably be up your way in the next couple of months. I'll let you know when we are.

Deb said...

I did, I did get it, Hopie. But, if you're psycho poster today, let me be psycho mail hoarder for not opening the box until a few days ago. After a few rough months it was nice to have something unexpected to look forward to. Watch for a snail mail from me. XO

Hope said...

Erin - Don't get your hopes up too soon. My speed is VERY slow right now - just ask Joe how long I have been talking about this batch of cookies! I was all ready to do the cookies and I thought the oven was broken, then I seemed to never have the right ingredients, then never the money, then the time, then..... well, maybe I'm finally getting to them!

Deb- I'm glad you got it. I took FOREVER to finish it. It was one of the things on my unfinished projects list that I finally got done. Then it took me forever to get it mailed! I finished it in the middle of summer and then I was like oh yeah, everybody in a warm climate needs a scarf in the middle of July! So maybe the timing worked out right after all.

I love doing my projects and making things for people. I just wish I were more timely at it. I guess I need to quit playing on the damn computer so much and spend more time making, but then I do love me some bloggin' and reading bulletin boards too!