CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sad Day/Happy day

I am sad about Bhutto's assassination in Pakistan. You know me - all about that world peace and everything - and I had hope that she would really be elected and be able to improve the relations with India. Sigh. I almost cried when I told Emily about it.

My local life is much happier.

I took a very long lunch and went to Target to spend my gift card. I picked all my gift wrap for next year. The theme is blue and silver and my family will be pleased to know it includes STICKY BOWS. I am the only one who enjoys hand tying or making bows. I also hate trying to keep sticky bows uncrushed for a year, but it occurred to me to put them in a box, duh. I have had a silver theme before, but the paper I had was extremely difficult to work with. This seems like it is regular paper with a silver coating so it ought to be be better. I can hardly wait.

The other part of my card I used for new goodformyfeetshoes. My current ones are all squished down. I have figured out that even with higher quality shoes if I wear them all the time like the dr. said they wear out fairly quickly. These are not so high quality, and definitely not so high priced, but then when they do squish down I probably won't be so reluctant to purchase new ones. I need to be careful about creating barriers (ahem, excuses) for getting the exercise I need, though. So I am excited about getting to the Y tonight and trying the new shoes. I can also take as long as I like because with no Michael here I have no commitment to go pick him up, no worry about seeing him before he goes to bed, and there is also no new er I want to watch or anything like that!

I decided to join... ummm I can't remember what it's called! But you try to blog every day in 2008. It is very fitting because I had already decided that I want to at least every day say at least one thing however big, small, random, silly or strange that was a moment of happiness. If I miss a day I will go back and list for the days I missed!

Today's happiness was my long lunch and shopping trip and also the joy I got from using my Hello Kitty gel pens to make my daily task list and write down my voice mails at work.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I signed up for Blog365, too.