CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Random Things

A couple of my fellow bloggers have done lists of "Random Things About Me" lately. One of them was seven, one was ten. As I was driving to Indianapolis last week I decided I want to make a list of random things that make me really happy. I had made a comment in Deanna's blog about how we want to realize that we can be made happy by small things and we need to realize that "little" things that maybe we feel like we shouldn't be upset about can give us little bits of heartache too, so it's okay to cry if you are frustrated because your dishwasher doesn't work! It matters to you!

Well on the way to Indy I spotted a red-tailed hawk landing in a tree and it really made me happy. When I am driving down the highway and I spot hawks perched in trees it always makes me happy. I feel like not a lot of people have a keen eye to see them and they are such magnificent birds and they are really huge when you see them up close and it really just makes me SO happy.... so I don't know how many items will be on my list, but that is number one.

1. Seeing a hawk perched in a tree as a I am driving along the road.
2. When I am singing and I feel like I hit a note or a phrase just right and it feels great.
3. When I cook for others and get genuine compliments - and I especially love it when people tell me I should cook or bake professionally.
4. Knitting hats on my hat looms. It is so relaxing. I love when I have a bunch of baby hats and kid hats finished and give them to Jim to take to the "baby house." I don't support the politics , but I can't argue with giving them warm heads!
5. Eating out. A meal prepared and cleaned up my someone else. Ahhhh!
6. Finding a great bargain. I love clearance, I love free. Every time I go to the dump, I check the "Trading Post" for good books or other cool stuff.
7. Getting good mail. I wish I were good at sending good mail so I would receive good mail more often, because it it often reciprocal.
8. When I actually get my house clean enough to get to the floors. I always leave them for last and by then I am so tired that they don't get done and they look like crap all the time which is sad because I love my floors and we worked so hard to get them in.
9. Hearing the "Hallelujah" song. Sometimes at work I will go to YouTube and listen to the Allison Crowe Version, then KD Lang, then Leonard Cohen himself, and sometimes even a couple of the bad ones, too, just because I love the song so much.
10. Christmas lights, Christmas decorations in general, really cute snowmen.
11. Making stuff. I wish I had more skills or time to develop these skills. I still need to make Michael's chalk bag and tomorrow is Christmas Eve! He may need to get a certificate so I can work on it while he's at his dad's!
12. Listening to the radio. Commercials don't really bother me and I like a variety of music and have a good radio station or a couple to switch between.
13. Burning candles. Makes my house so cozy and pretty.
14. Giving parties. I wish I had money to give a party every month. (and mental health)
15. Specific foods. Chicken, steak and french fries.


Okay that's enough.

I have been headachey this weekend, but able to function with medication. Still working on the Christmas gift projects, did spend some money on stocking stuffers.

Working on Emily's gifts, Heather's, Chris's, Miko's and Michael's so gee, not much, left right?

Made lots of bath salts today for the women at work and they turned out well and pretty. I will ask Emily if she can take a picture for me. I need to go see if the lids I spray painted are dry yet so I can get them put together!

More tomorrow, maybe, if I am not in a frenzy!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Okay, so I watch Jeopardy, helping the southerner within me say, "I'll take Number 15 for Too hundred, Alex." Chicken, steak, fries: what is Chicken-fried steak with fries! Did I win? xo

With or without fries, you're now bookmarked. ;-)

Hope said...

"Too hundred" haha!

I'm glad you're here! It's always nice to know someone reads my inane drivel and I love and respect you so much! You're always a winner to me.