CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

New shoes report

I walked two slow miles and they felt pretty good. I felt like my gait was a little different - like maybe the soles aren't as flexible and my feet didn't "roll" as much. My hips felt a little fatigue, which is unusual. So instead of walking the third mile or kicking in the pool I did a few sets of some arm weights. I need to start doing more resistance exercises anyway. I did NOT feel the little pain I have been feeling in the ball of my foot, however, like I keep checking if there is a blister and there never is... so that must have been related to the old shoes/squished padding problem. If the hip fatigue persists this will be a failed experiment, but because I purchased the shoes with Free money/gift card all I will have lost will have been what other item I could have purchased with the money and I probably would have purchased something foolish anyway.

I'm feeling more in the normal routine tonight. Last night I was so dead tired it was crazy. If Michael were home it would have been one of the nights I would have napped and he either would have cooked and awakened me when it was ready or he would have let me sleep a little and awakened me when he really wanted me to fix dinner! Without him here I was afraid to nap because I would sleep until 9 or 10 or 11 and then be really out of kilter. So I forced myself to stay up until 10, but it just about killed me. Debbie came down and visited a while and that helped. I also gave myself a project of sorting through some bags of clothes somebody gave me (YAY FREE NEW CLOTHES!!!) and that helped, but I couldn't make myself do my regular household stuff, I was TOO TIRED!. Tonight I feel like I can get the dishes done and do some of my regular tasks and I will be okay. I think I was worn out from Christmas even though everybody else did the work and I took the day off from the cooking and cleaning.

At Target today they had an amazing Singer sewing machine on clearance at half price for $85. It is just what I want. I was so tempted to use the gift card and write a bad check for the rest, but I knew that was evil. I feel like I would sew a lot more if I had a quality machine and I feel especially encouraged with it with the success (except for the broken sewing machine!) of Michael's chalk bag. I have been wanting to make purses and bags so badly. Damn I hate being so poor, sometimes.

No comments: