CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Oh my!

I went out New Year's Eve and was convinced to go to Jake's again - peer pressure can get me. I declared that I'd not pay $10 to go someplace I hate, so my cover was paid for me and I became designated driver. When we got there I decided to just relax and enjoy... I got into dancing mode and just stayed out on the dance floor the entire time, no matter who was with or around me. Most of the time I just closed my eyes and moved however I felt. I probably looked as ridiculous as Elaine on "Seinfeld." Debbie, Eric and some others came and went as far as dancing with me and I just drifted in my little dancing bubble. One man came and asked if he could dance with me and I said sure, but he touched me twice and on the second warning he left - good thing because I was going to get Marty the cop and have him explain to this guy what "No" means! We came home and I went to bed about 3:00, got up about 1:00. Michael laughed at me and said he'd already had breakfast AND lunch by the time I woke up and ate a bowl of cereal.

Through the rest of the day I dipped truffles, cleaned house, worked on some leftover Christmas things to be mailed to Scott and Emily and other little domestic things. I made a nice dinner with meatloaf for me, and mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach with onions and pecans. Michael worked on the last of his essays for a couple more schools and asked me to do some proofreading or editing occasionally. In between all of those activities I napped. This futon in here was definitely a napping couch today! I just woke up a few minutes ago and reheated some meatloaf to take my "night time" medicine and then I am going to go back to bed! Surely I will have to be caught up on my sleep after all this right?

Tomorrow we need a dump run, I need to be more domestic, and if I am lucky, I can get stuff ready to mail and get to the PO by noon. I didn't get the letters in the mail Thursday as intended because I got lazy or something! It WILL happen. I have put too much work into them to not follow through.

So now off to bed - again - hoping for some quality sleep, that I will awaken at a "normal" time and have more chance of getting back into a regular sleep pattern.

Good night!

No comments: