CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Favorite Things #18 (+ more)

My sunny face candle lantern. I bought this at the greenhouse nearby where we usually buy our garden plants. It originally was kind of a green, like a copper patina color. After a couple of years, however, it began to rust. Out came the trusty can of silver metallic spray paint. It needs another coat in this picture! I hang it on the shepherd's hook in front of the house. The morning glories grow up around it. The morning glories have become so prolific that they overwhelm it every year and I have to cut them back and keep them at bay so it will show. I hardly ever put a candle in it anymore, but the first couple of years I often lit a candle in it and sat on the front porch and enjoyed it.

In other news I was sick last night and today. I have been queasy all week. Yesterday I was SO tired. On my lunch hour I went out to the car and slept for the entire hour. I went to hip-hop dancefit after work, and for the first time ever I didn't make it through an entire class (with the exception of the time I injured my arm in Burlesque). I had to sit down and breathe and drink and rest. I must have looked terrible, several women asked me if I felt like I was going to pass out. I planned to come home and make chili, instead I drove through Wendy's and got dinner, came home and ate, stayed up late enough to take my medicine and blog, then was in bed around 10:00. You know that's early for me. This morning I woke up and got in the shower and the entire time I felt like I was either going to pass out or throw up. I called Leah and said I just couldn't do it. I found a can of chicken noodle soup and ate it, but mostly drank the broth, even the noodles made me feel yucky. I went back to bed and slept until after 11:00. I got up and had some juice and something else, I can't remember what. the rest of the day I have alternated between watching TV on the computer and sleeping. I have a little tiny bit at a time worked on loading up the trash can so I can get it out to the curb, but working for about five minutes makes me feel worn out. I never have vomited, but I feel like it would be a relief if I could, even though I hate it!

I started a new medicine and I also started a potassium supplement and I think nausea is a side effect of both. It's supposed to gradually go away and it better happen soon. It's bizarre because I feel nauseated and starving at the same time! Also, the things I feel like I am starving for are spicy; pizza, chili, spaghetti, taco... not things you normally think of wanting when your tummy doesn't feel good. I hope I feel better in the morning. I really need to be at work.

I've been working hard to stay up to 9:00. The new medicine I am supposed to take at the same time and I have designated that time to be between 9 and 10:00 every night. So no I can roll the can out to the curb and take my medicine and get to bed. I have felt a lot of anxiety today over being sick and even taken one dose of Ativan. I need to be calm and better tomorrow!

No comments: