CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 3, 2018

June Minimalist Challenge #2

I've actually done quite a bit, but there is a long way to go to get this room to the state I want!

Probably a simple thing, but it seems big is that I got one thing to an environmentally sound, wanted home today - a bag of unmatched socks. I found somebody who wanted them through Freecycle. I realized today how much easier this would be if I didn't feel a responsibility to get things out of my home in an environmentally friendly way. My apartment building has a dumpster! I did throw the pillows away, thinking if I feel like they are too old, then they are REALLY too old. It took me a while in life to realize that I use stuff until it is WORN OUT, unless I have body size changes or situation changes... Like in moving from house to apartment I did get rid of furniture and useful items, but I donated the to Habitat ReStore, St Vincent De Paul, Opportunity House, etc....

I moved a bunch of stuff off of the desk, but it is really in a pile on the floor. I need to sort and file and purge. I decided that if I start working at the desk that it will help me start thinking of this room in the way I would like to, and that will help motivate me to keep going!

So mathematically, I should be up to 1+ 2+3 = 6 items. 1 bag of socks, plus two pillows, plus one knitted headband, plus 4 items of stationery, equals eight, so I am ahead of the game!


This is the bag of socks that I took to a true home today!

I don't know if I can count this yet. I took it to a friend's garage sale, but it didn't sell. I am going to put an ad in the paper for it. I might like a little money. It actually came from Emily's house, but I am broke and she is not! I had taken it for a student of a friend, but I didn't get it to town before the student got a TV from another source.  

Dumpstered!

Sorted out and in the basket of things to go!

Basket of things to go!

The desk in the room before I moved crap!

Desk in the room after!



No comments: