CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 24, 2018

June Minimalist Challenge, # 13 That's all folks! (for now)

So.... when you see the photos you will know how much I have done. I have done some amazing things, purged many, many items. Opened several boxes, released things to the world, including storage totes! I still have a couple of areas in my living room  that have items to go out. I will probably take a last set of before and after photos in there tomorrow. I did NOT achieve my goal of having the room usable and also half of the closet empty. Alas, the closet is full. Knowing that my first guest is going to be Britt makes me feel less stress about that. She usually travels only with a backpack, and even though she is driving this time and will have her truck, well... she will have her truck! She won't need a place to unpack and unload.... There is the small matter of the FRIEND who will join her on the trip, but I am guessing that she also will have a simple lifestyle... So now some photos...

Too big clothes, GONE!

Sheet music and office supplies, GONE!

Ugh, piles of paperwork.

Ugh, black mold! This stuff has some pretty cool stuff inside. It is in a plastic bag, waiting to see if a cousin wants it, if not, it will be GONE!



This might be Day 20. Most of this is going out. I did save a couple of the dresses to see if Emily wants them for Anna. 

Day 21, many photos!

Day 22

Day 23. Thos are my old calendars. The earliest one I found was 1983-84. Letting these go was actually a little rough. Also these are notebooks with days of carefully dated and written daily task lists. I kind of flipped through most of them looking for recipes or possibly important things, but SO MUNDANE. I took these out to the dumpster right away so there was no going back. I've already moved these suckers at least twice.... and some of them are so old that I also moved them from apartment to apartment and into the house!

This was photos and office supplies. See the blue folder? It was divorce papers, custody fight crap, copies of letters from Ed and Sheri and shit that made my life MISERABLE. I texted Emily and asked, should I keep all this stuff so I can be accurate if I need to write about it someday or should I burn it and dance around the fire under a full moon.? She replied, "I vote for burning and dancing." SO, even though it's not a full moon, I danced my way to the dumpster and cleaned that SHIT from my life. I will never again have to go through the hell that he put me through. I'm not really much for ritual stuff, but honestly a symbolic cleansing of my house and my life might feel kind of good with that aspect in there....

This is the room now, looking in from the doorway. 

The room looking out from the desk chair. 

Closet is full, and there is an extra table... I am still not sure about the furniture arrangement. 

A little mirror is hung. There is still some stuff for the walls to come.


So.... there is still more to go, but I need a little emotional break. I know that the actual count of individual items probably far exceeds the desired monthly total. Heck, there is actually probably enough for day 25 out there in the living room right now. I am going to work on getting the items donated and also going through the paperwork piles that I have found. Clearing those will help me be prepared for the next stage. I will probably do some summary photos once I get the furniture arranged the way I want, get a bed frame, etc.


No comments: