CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 25, 2018

Sad experience

I am living on a super tight budget right now, trying not to spend any money out of savings, worried about gas for the car in a week that will include two trips to Indianapolis.... It is under 80 degrees today, so a good day to make some spaghetti sauce so I can eat cheaply until the next pay day. I decided to walk up to Dollar General to get a couple of new freezer containers, because they migrate out of my home as I send leftovers home with people.

So after DG, where I put my three dollars on my debit card because I hardly ever carry cash.... A guy sitting at the picnic tables at Lucky's asked me, "Will you buy me food?" I said no and kept on walking. I felt terrible. If asked for money I always truthfully reply, "I don't carry cash." But saying no to a request for actual food was difficult for me. I wish now I would have said come back to DG and I will buy you bread and peanut butter, but I just kept going. I wish I didn't know better and could have invited him over and made some filling food for him. I wish I would have said, go to Wheeler Mission and they will give you something if you haven't eaten. I didn't say any of those things. I just said no.

No comments: