CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Grumpface snorthog.

That's what my friend Eve used to say, back in the days. I think that is a generally good summary of my feelings of late.

I feel like I was supposed to have certain things figured out by the time I became this age, finances, relationships, career, yet I feel like I am still a little girl inside and all those things are far, far away.

Today was a weenie day for sure. I have never really been bummed by Valentine's Day very much, but it kind of hit me hard today. I think it is probably because I was really, really tired. I stayed up until after 1am doing chocolates, even though, get this, I only got an order for one dozen. I messed up shaping the fillings the first time so I had to melt them and do them all over again so it took forever.

I actually had an option to go out and dance to good klezmer music tonight, but I came home after work and went to bed and didn't get up until after 7. I gave myself license to eat what I wanted without even recording it. I finished making some ribs that I had started the other night and I've eaten ribs and a baked potato and TWO glasses of milk. I. am. full. I wish I could leave the dishes and go take a long bath and then go to bed, but I know I'd regret it tomorrow. I guess I haven't abandoned all my sensibilities yet. :)

No comments: