CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Almost there...

I've been baking bread since I got home (sorta). I made three loaves and they are doing the last little bit of cooling so I can turn them out and put some olive oil on the crust to keep it soft. It smells SO good. It's like self-torture to make yeast bread and not eat gluten! I'm charging $8/loaf though, and I have a couple of people who have said they want to purchase this on a regular basis. It is a blend of wheat and white whole wheat flour, so 100% whole grain, with added whole cornmeal and bulgur kernels. Olive oil, yeast, water and salt. No sugar! I didn't believe it would rise without sugar and really thought the recipe was incorrect. It rises just fine, and it's really quite lovely!

I will deliver this by 9:00 in the morning and then after that I can work on the house and sleep until time to go to the play in the evening. Ian Martin, (I have to put his name so I can prove I knew him when) has a good role in a play called "Intimate Apparel." It's gotten some good reviews and I am anxious to see my former castmate in TKAM (He played Tom Robinson) in another show.

I've been fighting a nagging, but not severe, headache for almost a couple of weeks now. I am sure it is sinus pressure because the temps have been going up and down here and the NE coast is getting some major snow now so it is all related. I look forward to sleeping tonight!

No comments: