CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Argh

Fifteen minutes cleaning the tub turned into quite a battle as I somehow turned the stem of the faucet handle so that the it turned the wrong way for hot and cold. I took the faucet handle off to clean the mildew out of it... I have done it before and had no trouble but this turned into a nightmare with Lime-A-Way toxic fumes beating me up the entire time.

We had a mellow day. Michael and I stayed here and had leftover lasagna and then opened our stockings and our gifts. It doesn't take long when there are only two people and few gifts! I took a nap and when I woke up I kind of slowly started cooking. We just had chicken and noodles and mashed potatoes (Double carbs is a Hoosier thing!) and broccoli. Oh and pecan pie. Yum...

Katie came over and ate with us. Eric came over later and ate and then I helped him wrap some of the gifts for his niece and nephew. It was relaxing and pleasant. I stayed in my jammies all day, except I did put on a sports bra before Eric came so he wouldn't have to see the girls swinging wild and free.

I've been working throughout the day on washing all my bedding and just generally cleaning my room. I keep it pretty tidy, but don't vacuum and dust, etc. very often - thus the tub cleaning episode. I'm going to finish up tomorrow and vacuum and dust and everything! I have a little baking to do some truffles to finish and some ginger bread, but I made the filling today AND the dough so it is just the artistic parts that need completed tomorrow.

I'm pretty sleepy, so I think I will leave my bed unmade tonight and finish it tomorrow. I'll sleep in here (purple room) on the horribly uncomfortable futon and then I will be ever so grateful for my clean room and clean sheets tomorrow!

So goodnight. I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas and low stress.

No comments: