CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 24, 2019

30 Fays of Gratitude Day 24

#24 Dessert.... I THINK EVERYBODY KNOWS IT IS ICE CREAM.

It was always a special treat when I was growing up. After years of various self-imposed food restrictions it became a SUPER TREAT. I still try to restrict it thinking oh... vacations and weekends and parties.... and then we drive by Culver's every day and if it is a mint flavor I WANT IT. I'd like to be able to have ice cream sans eating disorder, but I seriously don't know if I will ever achieve it.

Several years ago I took a two or three month series of classes from the nutritionists at the hospital. They had all the regular features "A serving of meat is the size of a deck of cards" sort of things, and the cool plastic food associated with that teaching, BUT one of the teachers was also a counselor and there were components of getting over disordered eating. One of the things was to "normalize" foods, so there wouldn't be disordered or magical thinking about it. We were supposed to pick one trigger food and work on normalizing it. I stopped at the store on the way home and bought nine or ten kinds of ice cream. The offspring thought I had gone nuts. I normalized it so well that by the end of the classes I had gained nineteen pounds! OOPS.


No comments: