CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

30 Days of Gratitude #20

#20 TV Show.... this is actually a difficult one for me. Could be a current TV show, could be something from childhood, could be something I saw once, or something I watch over and over again. I am going to go with childhood. I loved Mr. Rogers, and I am tempted to say that, but I am going to go with "The Wonderful World of Disney," that aired most Sunday nights. My family was kind of chaotic, with a messy house, irregular meals, and little routine or feeling of security. Sunday nights... that was for Disney. We'd have TV dinners, or a big pot of chili or stew, or Mom would make a homemade pizza that started with the Yellow box of Chef Boyardee....
It was best when she would fry hamburger and crumble it on the top.

and then Disney... Walt Disney would often (always?) introduce the shows himself and I loved them all! I also loved when they would show footage of Disneyland and the monorail and the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.... I am happy that I was able to experience Disneyland AND Disney World in my life. One of my favorite vacation memories EVER is when I was able to take Emily and Britt to Disney World. Also when my niece Barbara helped me "reclaim" Disneyland a couple of years ago. So yeah, The Wonderful World of Disney was a bright spot in the not-always-so-wonderful-world of my childhood.


No comments: