CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 9, 2019

30 Days of Gratitude # 8 & 9

# 8 Something new. Well.... I have many new things in my life: people, places, job, clothes, car, items... and it might be hard to choose!

I guess my favorite new actual *thing* not person, place , or situation, is my car. I bought it before I moved away from Bloomington. I knew I was going to quit my job and soon be unemployed, and coming from a shaky credit history in the past, adding unemployed to it, would not work. In preparation for moving up north to the land of ice and snow I bought a little Ford Eco-Sport. It is four wheel drive and rides higher than my past few cars. Also, it is NOT WHITE, as my last three have been. It still isn't blue, like a dream car would be for me, but "moonlight silver" and I'll take it!

#9 Recipe - this is a hard one! You know I love cooking and baking and I have some favorite recipes I use over and over again. I guess my favorite "recipe" is the basic thing that I have altered over and over again to make different flavors of cheesecakes. For every eight ounces of cream cheese, 1 egg and 1/3 cup of sugar. There, that's it. Use whatever crust you want and then add flavoring, varying between melted chocolate or white chocolate, lemon, vanilla, pumpkin, fruit, or extracts and that is the secret to making different flavors of cheesecake. I guess one has to be careful to not add too much "stuff" so it will still bake up and set right, and that is maybe where my experience comes in handy - knowing how the texture should be and how much you can add and still come up with a yummy cheesecake.


No comments: