CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 22, 2019

30 Days of Gratitude #22

#22 Teacher...I have loved a lot of teachers over the years and I am grateful for every single one of them. My friend Stefinee is a teacher and a teacher of teachers and I love her a lot. I am thinking though, of a high school teacher of chemistry, in which I was a superbly mediocre student, Mark Whitman. For the most part I was pretty miserable in the "problems" of chemistry solving, things that good test scores and good grades. What I learned in his class was of immeasurable value. I learned about observation, thinking about problems in a critical way, and other thinking skills that have been used over and over in my life with great reward. I even wrote him a letter about it a few years ago. Even though I never became a great scientist I learned ways of thinking that helped me raise children who are good thinkers. I learned to ask the right kind of questions to help them learn to use their brains. They both became scientists, to some degree, although they applied it in different ways. Oh, and just tonight I was thinking about osmosis, movement of molecules from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration through a semi-permeable membrane.... but maybe that is biology!

No comments: