CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back on track report 8-17-10

I feel like things are going well. I am trying to do things for myself and things that make me happy. I spent Saturday with Susan going garage sailing and then out to lunch. It was not so much bargain hunting, but spending time with Susan that was great.

Yesterday I spent a large part of the day napping! I never put on regular clothes! It's funny. On the phone today Garet asked me what I did yesterday - I said nothing because all I was thinking about was the napping. Then I realized I watched a movie, polished my copper-bottomed pots, took trash out, did a load of laundry, read a bunch of my current book ("Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" a MUST READ!!). I also installed a doorknob, put away some tools that have been lingering in my room, organized my bathroom closet, and probably about five other things I don't remember. I think the point is that it felt like "nothing" because even though it sounds like tasks and troubles it was all stuff I WANTED to do! I also watched some TV. I haven't watched TV on TV as opposed to the internet for a long time.

So it felt great. I need to squeeze some exercise in there and that kind of day will be a perfect day.

After work tonight I did some quick dinner. After dinner I spent some time chatting with Michael. I realized I haven't weeded a lot this year and remembered how much I enjoyed it last year and went out and had a great session - just like meditation or therapy. Imagine relaxed sigh here. Now I have a couple more tasks on my little list and then I'm off to dreamland.

PS - Note on my blog roll that Michael started a blog. He would especially like his cousins and relatives to read it!

PPS - Nephew Paul is back from Iraq! I guess he is stranded in Maine right now, but should be getting home to Washington state to Wife and child soon!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

It just feels better when they are out of harms way. I'm glad Paul is back.