CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Y-a-w-n...

I love being in "To Kill A Mockingbird." The adult cast, especially Mayella and Tom Robinson are absolutely amazing. During the courtroom scene the testimonies are riveting.

It's hard on me physically. Long hours sitting after long hours sitting at the office. AND during the day I play the role of interested, funny, kind salesperson. At night I play the role of gossipy southern lady trial audience. Both are draining! Last night I wore my costume shoes and my feet felt like raw meat afterward. I went to the store today and bought foot cushions and moleskin to try tomorrow night. Last night after that long rehearsal I didn't sleep. I was up or restless most of the night. I went home after work and my stop at Dollar General and went to bed. I slept over two hours, until 7:46. Charlie had said he would come over and help me get the garage ready and bring in the Food Not Bombs equipment from my car. When I called him after I awakened I think he could tell I was still really tired so we are putting it on hold again.

Tomorrow night is a four and a half hour rehearsal, finally in the theatre. Both of my children have performed at the Buskirk Chumley on multiple occasions and I never have. I think this is a fine little spot of how my life is turning around as an "empty nester."

No comments: