CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

2010 Recap #3: Knitting

I made this hat for Karmin C. for Christmas. I haven't given it to her yet. I am not sure if I will because I really don't like it. I wanted to use a really soft yarn, but it turned out that the yarn is too flimsy. The hat won't be warm at all, and if I kept this pin on it, the hat is not sturdy enough to support it and it flops over. This hat should probably go to the fail blog page.
This is my mom trying on the hat I gave her for Christmas. This one is DEFINITELY not too flimsy. I made it with "chunky" yarn so it would be extra warm. It is hard to see, but the yarn is a nifty oatmealish color and I really like it. Mom said I have never made her a hat in all these years so I did!
These are like the hats I typically make. Since this picture was taken I have made an additional hat that is just like the "Tweed" one. I give the baby hats to what I call "The Baby House." It is really called Hannah House. It is run by the crisis pregnancy center. I don't like them or the the tactics they use to try to prevent women from having abortions. I do think, however, that the babies deserve warm little heads! I usually donate child-size hats to the Baby House too. Adult hats go to Shalom Center.
This is a hat I made especially for Renee's grand-niece/grand-baby. The baby is JQ's daughter. JQ is Renee's niece whom she mostly raised. I decided anybody related to Renee definitely needs a funky style hat. I have some more of both of these yarns and I am going to make some more of these hats in toddler and child sizes to give to the Baby House.

Knitting - usually when I made the uberlist my goal was to make and give away at least 10 hats every year. I have gifted many people I know with styles and colors I think they will like. Others go to the shelters mentioned above. 2010 however, I only achieved the seven mentioned here. Also epic fail that it is about nine degrees outside and they are still sitting here in the family room with me! I need to stop doing this, get a bag and take them to work tomorrow. A man often stops by who is a big supporter of the Baby House. He takes them over there for me. A couple of my coworkers also knit, crochet or cross stitch various items for the residents and the babies. I would like to get back to at least 10 this year. I have been thinking about it so much that I want to start another one. I am still working on a couple of Christmas gifts, however and one VERY LATE birthday gift. I have vowed to not start any new projects until everything that is started is complete! I have on my list tonight to finish one of those projects. If I complete it I can get it mailed tomorrow and I will be happy. I need to get it sent to southern California before it gets warm again! I may have about two days left.

No comments: