CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2020

Finish 2nd

Hmmm... "Finish 2nd" does not sound nearly as determined or positive as "Finish 1st" the title of my last post, but the goal is merely FINISH. As a matter of fact these questions come from the end of Chapter 3, which is "Choose What to Bomb"

As I read it, I realized that I need to re-think what I am cutting in half, as well.

1. I could totally bomb logging my food, as long as I am eating what I am supposed to WHO CARES IF IT IS WRITTEN DOWN OR RECORDED ONLINE? NOBODY, NOBODY EXCEPT ME. It is perfectionism driving the whole logging my food. It is really unimportant except for some kind of smug self-satisfaction I get. I AM BOMBING IT FROM NOW ON. I also realize I am using it as a guilt tool.

2. I am going to simplify my email, I have a goal to keep it down this year and that means a lot of deletion of advertising emails. I check them on my phone throughout the day and will see any appointment reminders or actual useful communications that I can check fully and respond to if needed. Trying to delete them nightly just distracts me from other more useful things. Most of them are advertising and I am bored and have more money than I ever have had in my life so deleting can turn into shopping....but I really don't have THAT MUCH money, just more than *I* have ever had.

3. I probably won't do this one. Moving away from all my friends and activities has already done that for me. I have maintained the relationships that are important to me. People who bring me down on social media are already muted so I don't see their posts. I am actually in a relationship-seeking phase of my life. I guess I can adapt this to make sure the relationships I choose to build are those that help me achieve my goals and give me outlets for productive time.

No comments: