CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 2, 2016

http://johnpavlovitz.com/2015/08/16/what-church-people-really-need-to-know-about-once-churched-people/

One of my friends posted a link to this blog entry on Facebook.

I read it and remembered how one of my friends really mourned when I left the church. I remember writing to her - I am still the same person, I am still your friend, even though I think of the role of the church in our relationship differently. I think of it now as the place that we met, and I will be forever grateful for that.

I am still the same person, and probably even a better person than I was before. I no longer have internal conflict about the way I live my life and the way I was told I should believe.

I am still the same person who went to all those childhood slumber parties, who slept by the fire at Girl's camp and learned to love canned spaghetti with cut up hot dogs. I am still the same person who crushed on boys and went to those "Super Saturday" dances.

I am still the same person who played countless pingpong games and spied on the other teams in a game of Diplomacy. I am still the same person who put out the fire when you burned the popcorn!

I am still the same person who nursed your baby when I babysat for him. I am still the same person who comforted you when your husband was abusive. I am still the same person who went on that temple trip and talked for hours.

No comments: